Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board, or Summit DD, will ask voters to approve a six-year renewal of its 4.5 mil operating levy on November 7 general election ballot, known as Issue 3. The passage of Issue 3 is critical to ensure that 4,700 adults and kids with developmental disabilities continue to be connected to services that help live their lives to the fullest.
Issue 3 is not a new tax, and will fund services from 2019-2024. If it passes, there will be a 0% tax increase in Summit County. Residents currently pay $11.50 per month, per $100,000 home valuation. This will NOT change if the levy passes in November, and Summit DD will continue to receive the funds it needs to empower people of all abilities. This levy represents approximately 80 percent of Summit DD’s funding.
Yard signs are now available in support of Summit DD’s renewal levy campaign. Residents can sign up online for a yard sign to be delivered by a campaign volunteer or stop at one of the following locations where signs will be available for pick up beginning Monday, October 2:
- Administration Building 981 East Market Street, Akron, OH 44305 | Monday-Friday | 9 am – 4 pm
- Bridges Day Center 508 Newton Street Tallmadge, OH 44278 | Monday- Friday | 9 am – 4 pm (enter through glass double doors located on the west side of the building)
- 1780 Stoneyhill Road Suite D1&D2 Hudson, OH | Wednesday and Thursday | 9 am-1 pm
- 470 Portage Lakes Drive #207, Akron, OH 44319 | Monday- Friday | 8 am – 5 pm
- 2300 Call Road Stow, OH 44224 | Monday- Friday | 8 am – 4:30 pm
- 2052 Roming Road Akron | Monday-Friday | 8 am – 4 pm
- 3333 Manchester Road #9 Akron | Monday-Friday | 8 am – 4 pm
- 701 S. Main St. Akron, OH 44311 | Monday- Friday | 8 am – 4:30 pm (come to visitors entrance)